Welcome to our home, Apt. 307! Dan and I have been married for almost a month and, for the last two weeks, have put so much effort into creating a home and getting settled. Of course, during this process we’ve put way more energy into the important things, such as our coffee maker that was the first item out of its box, set up, and running perfectly (along with our TV… I mean, come on, it’s football season), and have given less attention to other things, like the eyesore of a bookshelf sitting in our living room that we’ll get to eventually…
Setting aside our priorities, shortcomings, and all we have left to do, and as I reflect on the month of October, my heart is beyond full. Our marriage and its celebration, having our close family and best friends come in to town from all over the country, and to have our local friends and family there to celebrate as well was the most special time I’ve ever experienced. It’s so exciting to now merge our lives into one, to work as a team in all things, and to experience our “firsts” as a married couple. And what better way to start than with the upcoming holidays? Here are a few of my personal goals for this month!
* Bake, bake, bake … Master and tweak my favorite recipes for the upcoming holidays! (Then send off to Dan’s work … See next goal.)
* Train for a half marathon … Get to running 10 miles by Thanksgiving, then to 13.1 by Christmas.
* Get involved in a ministry / service-oriented group in the south Florida area.
* Start my Christmas shopping lists, get organized, and flag sales.
* Finish decorating our home and add in holiday pieces.
* Host a holiday dinner party for our friends.